Act Now / Rapid Response Grant Program
EWMI ACCESS invites Georgian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), civic movements, and citizen groups to apply to Act Now / Rapid Response Grants to respond to the COVID-19 crisis in a timely manner. These grants are designed to rapidly deploy flexible resources to organizations and civic activists to take civic action and:
- Minimize the threat/spread of COVID-19 in Georgia;
- Provide critical support to disproportionately impacted and/or at-risk communities;
- Facilitate inter-sectoral cooperation to help strengthen/scale up national response efforts and/or;
- Address other significant aspects of the COVID-19 crisis as efficiently as possible.
Act Now / Rapid Response Grants can be requested at any time. Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed intervention is critical and that it must happen quickly to be effective. Considering the urgency of the issue, EWMI ACCESS will processed the grant applications quickly – within 3 to 7 days.
Amount of Act Now Grant: Min. $500 – Max. $5,000
Duration of Projects: Min. 2 Weeks – Max. 2 months
There are two different funding arrangements for registered CSOs and for unregistered movements and civic activists:
- Registered CSOs must submit standard grant budgets detailing their expenses
- Unregistered movements and citizen groups must submit a list of goods/services needed to implement their initiatives, costs by goods/services, and a list of vendors who can provide those goods/services
Act Now / Rapid Response Grants program will not fund:
- Ongoing projects/activities
- Direct service provision, including humanitarian assistance services
- Regular office running costs (e.g. rent, utility bills, staff salaries)
- Organizations with a budget of over $200,000
- Retrospective expenses
Grant recipients will be required to submit a short written report, and include copies of all original receipts, on completion of their initiatives.
Applications must be submitted electronically in English or Georgian to email@example.com. Emails must have ACT NOW GRANT in the subject line. Below please find link to the application form. an be downloaded from here
Requests for clarifications should be sent to Manana Tatishvili, EWMI ACCESS Public Outreach and M&E Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.