Crowdfunding Campaigns for 17 Social Initiatives

Crowdfunding Campaigns for 17 Social Initiatives

Crowdfunding campaigns in support of 17 social initiatives that aim to strengthen local communities around Georgia and support the solution of community problems are currently ongoing on the Orbeliani Meti crowdfunding platform. If a project collects 30% of its needed funds through private donations, the USAID Civil Society Engagement Program provides the remaining 70% through a match-funding grant.

In May, several of the projects reached their donation target. With USAID co-funding, these projects will be implemented soon, including:

An educational space in the village of Uchmana (Ninotsminda municipality) will be equipped with modern equipment so that ethnic minority students can learn the Georgian language and participate in literary and film clubs as well as other educational activities.

A 100-year-old house in Georgia’s only Udi village will be rehabilitated. After rehabilitation, the house, which is the oldest in the village, will host an ethnographic space where visitors can learn about the culture and history of one of the smallest ethnic groups in Georgia – the Udi community.

In the village of Kakhati in Zugdidi municipality, a group of young people will create a new library, which will offer various educational resources to the inhabitants of the village.

The crowdfunding campaigns to support the remaining initiatives will continue until June 10. The complete list of ideas can be found at

Orbeliani Meti is a crowdfunding platform which enables citizens to register project ideas and launch campaigns to mobilize funds through citizen donations.

Categories: Breaking News

Write a Comment