Crowdfunding Campaigns Launch to Support 12 Social Initiatives

Crowdfunding Campaigns Launch to Support 12 Social Initiatives

To support civic activism and small-scale civic initiatives, the CSO Orbeliani Georgia operates a crowdfunding platform that allows citizens to register their project ideas and launch campaigns to mobilize funds through citizen donations. When a project idea collects 30% of its needed funds through private donations, the USAID Civil Society Engagement program provides the remaining 70% through a match-funding grant. In addition to financial contributions, Orbeliani Georgia trains project teams in fundraising and social media campaigning and assists them in preparing effective campaign videos and other visual materials.

On April 10, crowdfunding campaigns were launched for 12 social initiatives on the crowdfunding platform. The initiatives cover a range of topics, including: building an informational web-platform on blood donation and volunteer blood donors; equipping STEM clubs in the Tkibuli, Tsalka, and Khulo villages; producing and distributing an inclusive board game; rehabilitating and equipping a library in Poti with modern literature; constructing a kindergarten playground in the village of Svaneti; supporting construction of a cultural-educational space in Dmanisi; building a yard for a social space in Tsnori; equipping the Baghdati day-care center for people with disabilities; and constructing a developmental playground for kids in Tbilisi.

You can find out more about these initiatives and how to donate to them here.

Categories: Highlights

Write a Comment