Tender on Training in Strategic Communication in Social Media
The East-West Management Institute’s (EWMI) ACCESS Project is pleased to announce a tender on training on strategic communication in social media. The training is to be delivered for a pre-selected group of Georgian CSOs whose tasks include proactive strategic communication (including in the social media) to counter anti-western disinformation.
Interested individuals or organizations are expected to provide the following service:
- Review and analyze the social media products and other Internet outputs (articles, video clips, infographics etc.) of 4 (maximum 5) organizations participating in the training and their web-platforms (e.g. http://eurocommunicator.ge/, http://eugeorgia.info/)
- Hold a 2-4 day-long training on strategic communication in the social media for 8-10 participants
- Periodically monitor the social media activities of the trained organizations and provide feedback and online or on-the-job consultation every two weeks for two months after the training is over.
Among other proposed issues, the training should cover the following:
- Options and specific ways to effectively disseminate products (articles, video clips, infographics etc.) in the social media (including via viral means)
- Tailoring and targeting the visual appearance and content of the media products to the profiles and interests of social media users
- Proper identification of the target audience(s) and targeting of the media products to important groups.
Interested individuals or organizations are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Have a good understanding of the anti-western disinformation in Georgia, including propaganda platforms of this kind in the social media (Facebook) and their methods of operation
- Have a strong knowledge of the Georgian social media, knowledge of issues such as biggest public groups, most shared web-pages, sponsored ads etc.
- Understand the social media marketing methods used in the Georgian social media, including those that can be effective also for the purpose of strategic/political communication
- Have an understanding of the characteristics of the average user of the Georgian social media (especially of those most susceptible to anti-western disinformation)
- Have a previous experience in holding training(s) on social media
- Have a previous experience on issues related to political communication, strategic communication, foreign policy, information security and/or anti-western disinformation.
Interested individuals or organizations must submit the following documents:
- CV of the trainer in English language
- A brief outline and syllabus for the training (max. 3 pages)
- The daily rate and total cost of the proposed service (the amount of the service fee must not include VAT)
- A public registry record in case of the organization
- Contact information
EWMI will assess the proposals submitted by interested individuals or organizations based on the following criteria:
- Proposed training outline/syllabus, its relevance and effectiveness to meet the learning outcomes
- Relevant experience
- Service fee
In case of incomplete documents, the proposal won’t be considered.
Interested individuals or organizations must send the required documents to the following e-mail email@example.com no later than 28 February, 2017.
Applicants may send additional questions to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.